1. Both men were born in September.
Benson Idahosa was born on the 11th of September, 1938 while David Oyedepo was born on September 27, 1954.
2. Both were born to non-christian fathers.
3.Their mothers were once driven out of her matrimonial home.
4. Their mothers had children who died as babies.
5. They were sickly during their childhood.
6. Their grandmothers sent them to school.
7. Both men attended an Anglican Primary School.
8. Both men became born again in the 1960s. Benson Idahosa got born again in 1960 while David Oyedepo got born again in 1969.
9. Benson Idahosa bought his first pair of shoes after working as a vendor and barrow boy as a teenager (18) while David Oyedepo bought his first pair of shoes after a hospital building construction digging job as a teenager (16)
10. Both men of God each recorded a miracle of raising the dead before going into ministry.
11. Both men attended polytechnics. Benson Idahosa attended polytechnic in UK (by correspondence) while David Oyedepo attended Kwara Poly.
12. Both men of God were inspired by his mentor T.L Osborn among others. David Oyedepo was also inspired by Benson Idahosa.
13. Both men of God each paid visits to Pa Sydney Granville Elton at Ilesa after receiving a call into ministry.
14. Benson Idahosa received a call to preach prosperity and was the first and leading Nigerian preacher of the prosperity gospel in his time. David Oyedepo received a call to preach prosperity and is the leading Nigerian preacher of the prosperity gospel in his time.
15. Benson Idahosa was the richest African pastor while he was alive. David Oyedepo is currently the richest African pastor.
16. Both men of God were severely criticized by Archbishop Okogie.
17. Benson Idahosa’s first major church building built in his 30s was called FAITH MIRACLE CENTRE, while David Oyedepo’s first major church building built in his 30s was called GARDEN OF FAITH.
18. Benson Idahosa’s largest church building built in his 40s was called FAITH ARENA, while David Oyedepo’s largest church building built in his 40s was called FAITH TABERNACLE.
19. Both men of God were ordained Bishops in the 80s. Benson Idahosa was ordained Bishop in 1981.
David Oyedepo was ordained Bishop in 1988 by Archbishop Benson Idahosa.
20. Both men have four children.
21. Benson Idahosa’s first child is named BENSON while David Oyedepo’s first child is named DAVID.
22. Benson Idahosa’s Faith Arena was Africa’s largest church building in Africa at construction.
and David Oyedepo’s Faith Tabernacle was the world’s largest church building at construction.
23. Benson Idahosa’s ministry was the first in Africa to fly a jet, while David Oyedepo’s ministry was the first in Africa to own a fleet of aircraft, aircraft hangar and airstrip.
24. Benson Idahosa’s ministry was the first pentecostal mission in Nigeria to run a university with Idahosa as Chancellor. David Oyedepo’s ministry was the first pentecostal mission in Nigeria to run two universities with Oyedepo as Chancellor.
25. Benson Idahosa’s ministry owned 104 Word of Faith nursery and primary schools by his 59th birthday. David Oyedepo’s ministry owned 104 Kingdom Heritage Model Schools (Nursery and Primary) by his 59th birthday
26. Benson Idahosa’s ministry owns a group of Word of Faith Secondary Schools. David Oyedepo’s ministry owns a group of Faith Academy (Secondary) Schools.
27. Benson Idahosa’s ministry runs a group of hospitals called Faith Mediplex and built the first major facility in his hometown in Benin City. David Oyedepo’s ministry runs a group of hospitals called Gilead and built the first major facility in his hometown, Omu Aran.
28. At age 58, Benson Idahosa’s church released her constitution. At the same age David Oyedepo’s church released her constitution (The Mandate).
29. At age 59, Benson Idahosa’s church had 6,000 branches. At the same age David Oyedepo’s church had 6,000 branches.
30. Both men of God each once made news headlines while confronting witches.
31. One of Benson Idahosa’a daughters is married to a senior pastor in the church Idahosa founded (Church of God Mission-Miracle center). One of David Oyedepo’s daughters is married to a senior pastor in the church Oyedepo founded (Winners ‘ Chapel, Ota).
32. Both men are fondly called ‘PAPA’ by worshippers of their respective churches.
33. Both men of God were each attacked at home by armed robbers, they engaged them in a verbal duel and the robbers fled.
34. Both men always slept an average of 4 hours daily.
35. Benson Idahosa’s wife, Margaret once passed on, and it took her husband and children’s prayers to raise her up. David Oyedepo’s wife, Faith, once lost the use of her limbs and was later reported dead,it took the prayers of her husband, family and friends to get her back on her feet.
36. Both men sponsored hundreds to thousands of children to school on scholarship.
38. Benson Idahosa started to give a tithe of 90% of his monthly income in the 80s. David Oyedepo stopped receiving a salary in 1988.
39. In the 90s, Benson Idahosa wrote one of his bestsellers “BENEFITS OF DEATH”. He was “Coronated” shortly before his 60th birthday. In the 90s, David Oyedepo wrote one of his bestsellers “LONG LIFE YOUR HERITAGE”. He clocked 60 in 2014.
40. In 1986, Benson Idahosa announced at a crusade that his son, David Oyedepo would do greater works than him. On the departure of Benson Idahosa in 1998, funds were needed to keep paying the Christian Faith University (later Benson Idahosa University) staff salary, David Oyedepo came to the rescue and paid the salaries till the university stabilized,in that period, he received inspiration to start Covenant University which is now one of the most prominent universities in Nigeria.
Source: Rcc Restoration For All Nation